125 school children taken ill after eating midday meals in UP
Azamgarh: As many as 125 students of two government schools in Uttar Pradesh were taken ill after consuming midday meals on Wednesday.
Hundred students of a primary school were taken ill after eating `kheer` (a sweet dish) served to them in the midday meal in Badaun district, DM Chandra Prakash Tewari said.
The children in Agori village of the district complained of vomiting and stomach ache after eating the dish this afternoon, Tewari said.
While 18 children were taken to the nearby health centre, others were given primary treatment at the school itself, he said.
The dish and the utensil in which it was cooked have been seized, and a team comprising the Chief Medical Officer and others has been constituted to probe into the matter.
In another similar incident, 25 children of a government school were taken ill after eating midday meal in Baghaula area of the district.
The victims complained of vomiting after consuming `kadhi-chawal`, served to them in the midday meal and were later rushed to the Bilriyaganj Community Health Centre, police said.
Of them, 15 were still undergoing treatment while the rest were discharged after first-aid. According to Chief Medical Officer B B Singh, sample of food served to the students has been taken and is being sent for test.
However, the students had complained that a lizard had fallen in the food. Meanwhile, Basic Shiksha Adhikari Samarrun Pradhan said investigations were on and those found guilty would be punished.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi