125 school children taken ill after eating midday meals in UP
Azamgarh: As many as 125 students of two government schools in Uttar Pradesh were taken ill after consuming midday meals on Wednesday.
Hundred students of a primary school were taken ill after eating `kheer` (a sweet dish) served to them in the midday meal in Badaun district, DM Chandra Prakash Tewari said.
The children in Agori village of the district complained of vomiting and stomach ache after eating the dish this afternoon, Tewari said.
While 18 children were taken to the nearby health centre, others were given primary treatment at the school itself, he said.
The dish and the utensil in which it was cooked have been seized, and a team comprising the Chief Medical Officer and others has been constituted to probe into the matter.
In another similar incident, 25 children of a government school were taken ill after eating midday meal in Baghaula area of the district.
The victims complained of vomiting after consuming `kadhi-chawal`, served to them in the midday meal and were later rushed to the Bilriyaganj Community Health Centre, police said.
Of them, 15 were still undergoing treatment while the rest were discharged after first-aid. According to Chief Medical Officer B B Singh, sample of food served to the students has been taken and is being sent for test.
However, the students had complained that a lizard had fallen in the food. Meanwhile, Basic Shiksha Adhikari Samarrun Pradhan said investigations were on and those found guilty would be punished.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked