13 killed in UP; mercury rises in parts of North
New Delhi: Thirteen people lost their lives as moderate to heavy rains lashed several areas of Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday even as the mercury settled above normal in parts of North India.
The Delhiites today experienced a muggy day with rains continuing to evade the national capital and temperature remaining above normal with high humidity levels.
The maximum and minimum temperature remained two degrees above normal. The maximum was recorded at 35.5 deg Celsius, while the minimum was 27.6 deg C, Met officials said.
No rainfall was recorded in the city and the humidity level oscillated between 57 and 92 percent, they said.
The weatherman has predicted a generally cloudy sky with possibility of very light rains or thundershowers in some areas tomorrow.
In Uttar Pradesh, 13 people were killed in Uttar Pradesh with the moderate to heavy showers lashing several areas of the state.
Reports reaching here said that six people were killed in Mirzapur, while three in Jaunpur, two in Pratapgarh and one each in Azamgarh and Hamirpur lost their lives in incidents of house collapse and lightning.
Adding woes to the people of the districts, located on the banks of Ganga and Yamuna, the rivers continued to maintain upward trend during its courses at several places.
A report said that over 2.50 lakh people were affected by flood waters in Chandauli district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi