13 killed in UP; mercury rises in parts of North
New Delhi: Thirteen people lost their lives as moderate to heavy rains lashed several areas of Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday even as the mercury settled above normal in parts of North India.
The Delhiites today experienced a muggy day with rains continuing to evade the national capital and temperature remaining above normal with high humidity levels.
The maximum and minimum temperature remained two degrees above normal. The maximum was recorded at 35.5 deg Celsius, while the minimum was 27.6 deg C, Met officials said.
No rainfall was recorded in the city and the humidity level oscillated between 57 and 92 percent, they said.
The weatherman has predicted a generally cloudy sky with possibility of very light rains or thundershowers in some areas tomorrow.
In Uttar Pradesh, 13 people were killed in Uttar Pradesh with the moderate to heavy showers lashing several areas of the state.
Reports reaching here said that six people were killed in Mirzapur, while three in Jaunpur, two in Pratapgarh and one each in Azamgarh and Hamirpur lost their lives in incidents of house collapse and lightning.
Adding woes to the people of the districts, located on the banks of Ganga and Yamuna, the rivers continued to maintain upward trend during its courses at several places.
A report said that over 2.50 lakh people were affected by flood waters in Chandauli district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly