13 more die due to encephalitis; toll 238
Gorakhpur (UP): With encephalitis claiming 13 more lives, the death toll due to the disease in eastern Uttar Pradesh has mounted to 238 this year, health officials said Moday.
Additional Director (Health) Diwakar Prasad said that two children each from Gorakhpur and Sant Kabir Nagar, and one each from Kushinagar, Deoria and Bihar died at Baba Raghav Das Medical College Hospital (BRD MCH) yesterday.
Six deaths occurred on Sunday, he said, adding that all 13 deaths occurred at the BRD MCH here.
As many as 57 encephalitis patients were admitted to BRD MCH and other government hospitals in the last two days, he said adding that as many as 1,460 encephalitis patients were admitted this year to various government hospitals including BRD-MCH, of which 238 died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today
- Bodos, ex-militants hail Modi govt for giving ST status to Bodo-Kacharis in Assam's hill districts
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised