13 more die of cold in UP, toll 62
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh continued to remain in the grip of severe cold wave as 13 more people lost their lives due to chill, taking the toll this winter to 62.
Four people died of biting cold in Hathras, followed by three in Kanpur Dehat, two each in Mirzapur and Lalitpur and one each in Chitrakoot and Banda districts.
Muzaffarnagar and Kanpur City remained the coldest places with each recording a minimum of 2 degrees, Met office sources said.
Mercury continued to remain below normal in most parts of the state, dipping by as much as 6 to 11 degrees in some areas.
Night temperatures fell in Allahabad division, and were below normal in Gorakhpur, Varanasi,Faizabad, Allahabad Kanpur, Lucknow, Bareilly, Moradabad and Meerut divisions.
According to Met forecast, while dense fog is likely to descend over eastern parts of the state, Western UP will witness a misty weather.
Visibility may come down to 200 metres or below due to the fog.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- International Weightlifting federation names 15 re-test doping failures
- Football Tourism: PSG will receive $197 million to promote tourism in Qatar
- Nitin Gadkari appointed as BJP election in-charge for Goa Assembly polls
- Xiaomi Redmi 4, Redmi Note 4 likely to be launched on Thursday
- Cabinet raises compensation for terror, blast victims