13 more die of cold in UP, toll 62
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh continued to remain in the grip of severe cold wave as 13 more people lost their lives due to chill, taking the toll this winter to 62.
Four people died of biting cold in Hathras, followed by three in Kanpur Dehat, two each in Mirzapur and Lalitpur and one each in Chitrakoot and Banda districts.
Muzaffarnagar and Kanpur City remained the coldest places with each recording a minimum of 2 degrees, Met office sources said.
Mercury continued to remain below normal in most parts of the state, dipping by as much as 6 to 11 degrees in some areas.
Night temperatures fell in Allahabad division, and were below normal in Gorakhpur, Varanasi,Faizabad, Allahabad Kanpur, Lucknow, Bareilly, Moradabad and Meerut divisions.
According to Met forecast, while dense fog is likely to descend over eastern parts of the state, Western UP will witness a misty weather.
Visibility may come down to 200 metres or below due to the fog.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand