13-year-old girl thrown into Ganga by parents
Dehra Dun: A 13-year-old girl has lodged FIR against her parents for allegedly throwing her into the Ganga canal at Haridwar, from where she swam to safety, police said on Friday.
Seema Kumari stated in her complaint against her father and step-mother yesterday that they threw her into the Ganga canal on Wednesday night.
The girl, who hails from Uttar Pradesh, said she was brought by her parents to Haridwar under the pretext of celebrating raksha bandhan.
However, when they were near the canal, they threw her in and assuming she was dead, left for home.
Kumari swam to safety and spent the night in a cottage of a sadhu.
The police have lodged a murder attempt case and started a hunt to track down the parents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Islamic preacher Zakir Naik's 'aide' arrested over alleged terror links
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari