13-year-old girl thrown into Ganga by parents
Dehra Dun: A 13-year-old girl has lodged FIR against her parents for allegedly throwing her into the Ganga canal at Haridwar, from where she swam to safety, police said on Friday.
Seema Kumari stated in her complaint against her father and step-mother yesterday that they threw her into the Ganga canal on Wednesday night.
The girl, who hails from Uttar Pradesh, said she was brought by her parents to Haridwar under the pretext of celebrating raksha bandhan.
However, when they were near the canal, they threw her in and assuming she was dead, left for home.
Kumari swam to safety and spent the night in a cottage of a sadhu.
The police have lodged a murder attempt case and started a hunt to track down the parents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan