13-year-old girl thrown into Ganga by parents
Dehra Dun: A 13-year-old girl has lodged FIR against her parents for allegedly throwing her into the Ganga canal at Haridwar, from where she swam to safety, police said on Friday.
Seema Kumari stated in her complaint against her father and step-mother yesterday that they threw her into the Ganga canal on Wednesday night.
The girl, who hails from Uttar Pradesh, said she was brought by her parents to Haridwar under the pretext of celebrating raksha bandhan.
However, when they were near the canal, they threw her in and assuming she was dead, left for home.
Kumari swam to safety and spent the night in a cottage of a sadhu.
The police have lodged a murder attempt case and started a hunt to track down the parents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Know how these two Mumbai brothers turned Rs 25 thousand into Rs 9,000 crores
- Seven killed in Mogadishu beach restaurant attack: Official
- Hungary to build second fence on border with Serbia to keep out migrants
- Curfew in several areas of Kashmir ahead of planned march
- No ''tech traces'' of American University attack found: Pakistan to Afghanistan