13-year-old girl thrown into Ganga by parents
Dehra Dun: A 13-year-old girl has lodged FIR against her parents for allegedly throwing her into the Ganga canal at Haridwar, from where she swam to safety, police said on Friday.
Seema Kumari stated in her complaint against her father and step-mother yesterday that they threw her into the Ganga canal on Wednesday night.
The girl, who hails from Uttar Pradesh, said she was brought by her parents to Haridwar under the pretext of celebrating raksha bandhan.
However, when they were near the canal, they threw her in and assuming she was dead, left for home.
Kumari swam to safety and spent the night in a cottage of a sadhu.
The police have lodged a murder attempt case and started a hunt to track down the parents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees