14 killed in rain-related incidents in UP
Lucknow: At least 14 people were killed in incidents related to heavy downpour in Uttar Pradesh during the last 24 hours with some parts receiving moderate to heavy rainfall.
While six persons were killed due to lightning and house collapse in Barabanki, four died in similar incidents in Lucknow yesterday. Two rain-related deaths were reported from Sitapur and Pilibhit, officials said on Saturday.
Vehicular traffic was adversely affected due to felling of trees and cities witnessed heavy water logging throwing normal life out of gear.
Met office sources here said that monsoon has been active in eastern and normal in western parts of the state leading to moderate to rather heavy rain at most places in the state.
Chief amount of rainfall recorded in CMs are- Mirzapur- 27, Handia-20, Sandila-15, Churk, Hasanganj, Meza-13 each, Allahabad, Chatnag, Gyanpur-12 each, Baberu-10, Paliakalan, Mathura, Karvi, Fatehpur-9 each.
Besides this, Chayal and Kakerdharghat recieved 8cm rainfall each followed by Safipur, Bansgaon, Kanpur, Lucknow, Kunda,-7 each, Salon, Haidergarh, Chunar, Gaighat-6 each, Sirathu, Unnao, Rae bareli, Bindki, Salempur, Akbarpur, Varanasi ,Sitapur-5 each, Kayamganj, Regoli, Kheri, Bansdeeh, Kasganj-4 each.
Met office has forecast rain and thundershowers at most places with heavy to very heavy rains at isolated places over the next 48 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured