14 killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident
Lucknow: At least 14 people were killed when a speeding truck lost control and rammed into two vehicles in Sitapur late Friday, police officials said.
The accident took place near the Tedwa village when a truck driver lost control and rammed into a Tata Magic vehicle and an Maruti Alto car, killing 14 people on the spot.
Inspector Vinay Gautam said that the truck first hit an Alto car, being driven by Pankaj Kumar and then rammed into a Tata Magic.
All the five people in the car- Kumar, 38, his wife Usha, 35, daughters Apporva, 14, and a five-year-old, and an infant were seriously injured and rushed to a hospital.
Fourteen people in the Tata Magic vehicle, including Neeraj, 25, Rakesh, 50, Sushil, 22, and 11 unidentified people were killed. Two were critically wounded and were rushed to a Lucknow trauma centre.
Senior district and police officials rushed to the accident spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan