14 killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident
Lucknow: At least 14 people were killed when a speeding truck lost control and rammed into two vehicles in Sitapur late Friday, police officials said.
The accident took place near the Tedwa village when a truck driver lost control and rammed into a Tata Magic vehicle and an Maruti Alto car, killing 14 people on the spot.
Inspector Vinay Gautam said that the truck first hit an Alto car, being driven by Pankaj Kumar and then rammed into a Tata Magic.
All the five people in the car- Kumar, 38, his wife Usha, 35, daughters Apporva, 14, and a five-year-old, and an infant were seriously injured and rushed to a hospital.
Fourteen people in the Tata Magic vehicle, including Neeraj, 25, Rakesh, 50, Sushil, 22, and 11 unidentified people were killed. Two were critically wounded and were rushed to a Lucknow trauma centre.
Senior district and police officials rushed to the accident spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place