14 killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident
Lucknow: At least 14 people were killed when a speeding truck lost control and rammed into two vehicles in Sitapur late Friday, police officials said.
The accident took place near the Tedwa village when a truck driver lost control and rammed into a Tata Magic vehicle and an Maruti Alto car, killing 14 people on the spot.
Inspector Vinay Gautam said that the truck first hit an Alto car, being driven by Pankaj Kumar and then rammed into a Tata Magic.
All the five people in the car- Kumar, 38, his wife Usha, 35, daughters Apporva, 14, and a five-year-old, and an infant were seriously injured and rushed to a hospital.
Fourteen people in the Tata Magic vehicle, including Neeraj, 25, Rakesh, 50, Sushil, 22, and 11 unidentified people were killed. Two were critically wounded and were rushed to a Lucknow trauma centre.
Senior district and police officials rushed to the accident spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?