14-year-old girl raped by friend in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A 14-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her male friend in Galand village in Masuri area here, police said on Tuesday.
Police, who have arrested a 16-year-old boy for allegedly abducting and raping the girl, said that prima facie the case appears to be one of a love affair gone wrong.
The victim, a student of Class X, has been sent for a medical examination, police added. She was reportedly a friend of the accused.
The girl`s parents have alleged that the youth abducted their daughter last night and then raped her.
He later abandoned the girl near her residence.
"We arrested the accused today and he has confessed to the crime," a police spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'