14-year-old girl raped in UP
Lucknow: A 14-year-old girl was allegedly raped by two persons in Bijnor district of Uttar Pradesh and two policemen suspended for not registering the case under the correct sections, a police spokesman said here on Sunday.
The girl was allegedly raped by two persons Shahzad and Alam in Nizamatpura village yesterday after which an FIR of eve-teasing was lodged and efforts made to arrest the accused, he said.
Later the Superintendent of Police inspected the spot and took the statement of the victim after which rape charge was also included in the FIR and one accused Shahzad was arrested, the spokesman said.
Additional Director General of Police Jagmohan Yadav said that a sub-inspector and a constable have been suspended for not registering the case under the correct sections and the station officer has been removed from the post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oops! No 'Sultan' promotions by Salman Khan on 'The Kapil Sharma Show' - Here's why
- Swami Prasad Maurya right person in the wrong party: Akhilesh Yadav
- Feud brewing within Samajwadi Party? Akhilesh Yadav says 'No', adds merger with QED an internal matter of party
- Real reason why Salman Khan doesn't want to meet Deepika Padukone!
- Bangladesh's Hindu population grew by 1 percent in a year: Report