14-year-old girl raped in UP
Lucknow: A 14-year-old girl was allegedly raped by two persons in Bijnor district of Uttar Pradesh and two policemen suspended for not registering the case under the correct sections, a police spokesman said here on Sunday.
The girl was allegedly raped by two persons Shahzad and Alam in Nizamatpura village yesterday after which an FIR of eve-teasing was lodged and efforts made to arrest the accused, he said.
Later the Superintendent of Police inspected the spot and took the statement of the victim after which rape charge was also included in the FIR and one accused Shahzad was arrested, the spokesman said.
Additional Director General of Police Jagmohan Yadav said that a sub-inspector and a constable have been suspended for not registering the case under the correct sections and the station officer has been removed from the post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi