Muzaffarnagar: At least 15 children fell ill after consuming Jatropha seeds at Jolla village in the district, police said today.
A group of 15 children had gone to a nearby forest area under Budhana Police Station yesterday and consumed Jatropha seeds which are poisonous, police said.
After returning home, the children started complaining of headache, vomiting and stomach disorder, following which they were rushed to a hospital, they said.
The children who are still undergoing treatment include Sumayya(3), Uves(4), Suhana(5), Zubed(8), Hurkan(8), Talib (8), Saaiz(9), and Anas(12), police said, adding that the rest of children have been discharged.
The case is still being investigated, they said.