15 get death for dishonour killing in Mathura
Mathura, Uttar Pradesh: A local court here on Wednesday awarded death sentence to 15 persons convicted for playing an active part in dishonour killing of a couple and their accomplice in 1991.
Besides the 15 sentenced to death, 20 others have been sentenced to life for the heinous crime committed on March 27, 1991
A lover couple was sentenced to death by hanging by the village panchyat. Besides the couple, one more person was accused of being their accomplice and was also sentenced to death.
The three were publicly hanged by a tree and later their bodies were burnt.
The chairperson of National Human Rights Commission, Mamata Sharma said welcomed the strong verdict and hoped that it will act as deterrent. However, she rued the 20-year delay in delivering justice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?