15 killed in UP as bus rams into tree
Amroha (UP): At least 15 people were killed and 24 others injured, two of them critically, when a bus rammed into a tree on Amroha-Joya road in the wee hours on Wednesday.
The incident took place at around 2 AM when the overloaded bus coming from Haridwar was on its way to Kamalpura village in Sambal district, police said.
While 13 persons were killed on the spot, two others succumbed to injuries in a hospital.
All the victims belong to an extended family and were returning from Haridwar after attending a `mundan` ceremony.
Shakeel Ahmed, ASP, J P Nagar said, "Investigation and rescue work are on".
The driver fled from the accident spot.
The injured are admitted in Amroha and Moradabad government hospitals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what