15 killed in UP as bus rams into tree
Amroha (UP): At least 15 people were killed and 24 others injured, two of them critically, when a bus rammed into a tree on Amroha-Joya road in the wee hours on Wednesday.
The incident took place at around 2 AM when the overloaded bus coming from Haridwar was on its way to Kamalpura village in Sambal district, police said.
While 13 persons were killed on the spot, two others succumbed to injuries in a hospital.
All the victims belong to an extended family and were returning from Haridwar after attending a `mundan` ceremony.
Shakeel Ahmed, ASP, J P Nagar said, "Investigation and rescue work are on".
The driver fled from the accident spot.
The injured are admitted in Amroha and Moradabad government hospitals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube