15 students injured as truck hits school bus in Uttar Pradesh
Ballia: At least 15 students were injured, four of them critically, when their school bus overturned after being hit by a speeding truck here Monday, police said.
The accident took place in Haldi town when the truck ploughed into the bus of Sacred Heart Public School.
"The collision was an intense one after which the school bus overturned. With the help of the locals, the students trapped inside the bus were rescued," police inspector Manoj Kumar told reporters in Ballia, some 300 km from Lucknow.
"The injured students are being treated at a hospital, where the condition of four is stated to be serious," he added.
"The injured students are in the age group of 8-12 years," he added.
Police are yet to nab the driver of the truck who escaped after the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list