15 students injured as truck hits school bus in Uttar Pradesh
Ballia: At least 15 students were injured, four of them critically, when their school bus overturned after being hit by a speeding truck here Monday, police said.
The accident took place in Haldi town when the truck ploughed into the bus of Sacred Heart Public School.
"The collision was an intense one after which the school bus overturned. With the help of the locals, the students trapped inside the bus were rescued," police inspector Manoj Kumar told reporters in Ballia, some 300 km from Lucknow.
"The injured students are being treated at a hospital, where the condition of four is stated to be serious," he added.
"The injured students are in the age group of 8-12 years," he added.
Police are yet to nab the driver of the truck who escaped after the accident.
- Vijay Mallya's resignation from Rajya Sabha rejected; panel recommends expulsion
- Call drops: Telecom companies under heavy debt, SC told
- This is why government unable to ink Rafale fighter jet deal!
- Parliament panel set to recommend Vijay Mallya's expulsion from Rajya Sabha
- Nirbhaya-like rape in Kerala: NHRC issues notice to state govt