15-year-old girl commits suicide in UP
Meerut: A 15-year-old girl allegedly committed suicide out of fear of being raped by two men who barged into her house at Thana Kankerkheda area here, police said on Sunday.
According to the girl`s family, the incident took place on August 13 when two men barged into the girl`s house at a time when her family had gone to a relative`s place in Muzaffarnagar, they said.
Seeing the two men in the house, the girl allegedly consumed poison to protect herself from them, police said, adding her body was found near her house yesterday.
The girl`s family has alleged that the accused tried to rape her, Superintendent of Police(SP) City, Om Prakash said.
The family has registered a complaint against one Shadab and his friend, both residents of the neighbourhood, police said.
Police has arrested the accused and a case of abetment to suicide has been registered against them.
Meanwhile, irate locals have alleged the incident to be a case of gangrape and murder and protested in front of the SSP`s residence here.
The body has been sent for post-mortem and any conclusions can be drawn only after the report is received, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement