15-yr-old dalit girl raped, help captive in UP
Sultanpur: A 15-year-old dalit girl was allegedly raped and held captive for 15 days by three men in Dharauli village.
The girl went missing on December 14 while going to school, police said today adding she was "freed" yesterday after which the matter came to the light and an FIR has been registered against three persons.
While Raju has been charged with rape, Basantlal and Sahabdeen have been booked criminal conspiracy.
Police are trying to arrest the accused, who are absconding.
The incident comes amid national outrage over the Delhi gangrape incident whose victim died on Friday night after battling for life for nearly two weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers