15-yr-old dalit girl raped, help captive in UP
Sultanpur: A 15-year-old dalit girl was allegedly raped and held captive for 15 days by three men in Dharauli village.
The girl went missing on December 14 while going to school, police said today adding she was "freed" yesterday after which the matter came to the light and an FIR has been registered against three persons.
While Raju has been charged with rape, Basantlal and Sahabdeen have been booked criminal conspiracy.
Police are trying to arrest the accused, who are absconding.
The incident comes amid national outrage over the Delhi gangrape incident whose victim died on Friday night after battling for life for nearly two weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?