15-yr-old dalit girl raped, help captive in UP
Sultanpur: A 15-year-old dalit girl was allegedly raped and held captive for 15 days by three men in Dharauli village.
The girl went missing on December 14 while going to school, police said today adding she was "freed" yesterday after which the matter came to the light and an FIR has been registered against three persons.
While Raju has been charged with rape, Basantlal and Sahabdeen have been booked criminal conspiracy.
Police are trying to arrest the accused, who are absconding.
The incident comes amid national outrage over the Delhi gangrape incident whose victim died on Friday night after battling for life for nearly two weeks.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai