152 police officers transferred in UP
Lucknow: In a late night development, the Uttar Pradesh government transferred 152 Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSPs) rank officials, effecting a third tier of transfers in the state ever since the Samajwadi Party (SP) government took over last month.
Orders have also been issued to the senior officials in the zone, ranges and districts to immediately relieve officials who have been transferred without any delay.
"Request is being made to relieve all officials immediately without waiting for substitute and direct them to report at new place of posting without availing joining," an official communique said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city