16 children fall ill after eating midday meal
Jalaun (UP): At least 16 children fell ill after consuming mid-day meal at a school in Nasihpur village of the district this afternoon.
The children at Lal Bahadur Shastri higher secondary school complained of vomiting and stomach ache after eating `tehri`(a dish comprising rice and potato).
According to the principal of the school, Mahendra Singh, a team of doctors was rushed to the village to attend to the children.
District Magistrate Ram Ganesh said that samples of the food served to children has been sent for testing and action will be taken against those responsible once the report is received.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA