16 more die due to cold wave in UP
Lucknow: Biting cold wave conditions snuffed out 16 more lives in Uttar Pradesh during the last 24 hours as death toll due to the harsh weather touched 249 this winter.
Five people died in Gorakhpur which was the coldest place in the state yesterday, followed by four each in Farrukhabad and Barabanki, two in Sant Kabirnagar and one in Bijnore.
Met office said here that Lucknow along with Najibabad (Bijnore) were coldest in the state recording 0.5 (-6) degrees Celsius followed by Kheri with 1, Sultanpur 1.2 (-7) and Gorakhpur 1.8 (-7) deg C.
Maximum temperatures were below normal by 5 to 12 degrees Celsius over some parts of the state.
Weather would be mainly dry over the state in the next 24 hours and fog/shallow fog would prevail over one or two places in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...