16 more die due to cold wave in UP
Lucknow: Biting cold wave conditions snuffed out 16 more lives in Uttar Pradesh during the last 24 hours as death toll due to the harsh weather touched 249 this winter.
Five people died in Gorakhpur which was the coldest place in the state yesterday, followed by four each in Farrukhabad and Barabanki, two in Sant Kabirnagar and one in Bijnore.
Met office said here that Lucknow along with Najibabad (Bijnore) were coldest in the state recording 0.5 (-6) degrees Celsius followed by Kheri with 1, Sultanpur 1.2 (-7) and Gorakhpur 1.8 (-7) deg C.
Maximum temperatures were below normal by 5 to 12 degrees Celsius over some parts of the state.
Weather would be mainly dry over the state in the next 24 hours and fog/shallow fog would prevail over one or two places in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief
- Asian markets sink as stimulus hopes rolled back