16 more die due to cold wave in UP
Lucknow: Biting cold wave conditions snuffed out 16 more lives in Uttar Pradesh during the last 24 hours as death toll due to the harsh weather touched 249 this winter.
Five people died in Gorakhpur which was the coldest place in the state yesterday, followed by four each in Farrukhabad and Barabanki, two in Sant Kabirnagar and one in Bijnore.
Met office said here that Lucknow along with Najibabad (Bijnore) were coldest in the state recording 0.5 (-6) degrees Celsius followed by Kheri with 1, Sultanpur 1.2 (-7) and Gorakhpur 1.8 (-7) deg C.
Maximum temperatures were below normal by 5 to 12 degrees Celsius over some parts of the state.
Weather would be mainly dry over the state in the next 24 hours and fog/shallow fog would prevail over one or two places in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened