16 UP power dept engineers suspended
Lucknow: On the directive of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, 16 engineers of power department have been suspended with immediate effect on charges of laxity in duty.
The CM issued the directive to suspend the engineers during a review meeting on Monday on charges of laxity in execution of their duties, failing to achieve revenue target and not taking interest in resolving the problems of the people, an official spokesman said here.
The suspended officials include three superintending and 13 executive engineers, he said.
Directive was also issued to take appropriate action against former superintending engineer of Firozabad Ved Prakash Sharma, who had retired on July 31.
During the meeting, Akhilesh directed that problems related to power should be disposed of on priority basis besides stating that laxity at any level in this would not be tolerated and stern action would be taken against guilty staff.
He directed to provide better services to consumers, accelerate revenue collection and to check power pilferage.
The CM said the government was committed to improving power distribution and supply system as it was necessary for the development of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city