16 UP power dept engineers suspended
Lucknow: On the directive of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, 16 engineers of power department have been suspended with immediate effect on charges of laxity in duty.
The CM issued the directive to suspend the engineers during a review meeting on Monday on charges of laxity in execution of their duties, failing to achieve revenue target and not taking interest in resolving the problems of the people, an official spokesman said here.
The suspended officials include three superintending and 13 executive engineers, he said.
Directive was also issued to take appropriate action against former superintending engineer of Firozabad Ved Prakash Sharma, who had retired on July 31.
During the meeting, Akhilesh directed that problems related to power should be disposed of on priority basis besides stating that laxity at any level in this would not be tolerated and stern action would be taken against guilty staff.
He directed to provide better services to consumers, accelerate revenue collection and to check power pilferage.
The CM said the government was committed to improving power distribution and supply system as it was necessary for the development of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda