16 UP power dept engineers suspended
Lucknow: On the directive of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, 16 engineers of power department have been suspended with immediate effect on charges of laxity in duty.
The CM issued the directive to suspend the engineers during a review meeting on Monday on charges of laxity in execution of their duties, failing to achieve revenue target and not taking interest in resolving the problems of the people, an official spokesman said here.
The suspended officials include three superintending and 13 executive engineers, he said.
Directive was also issued to take appropriate action against former superintending engineer of Firozabad Ved Prakash Sharma, who had retired on July 31.
During the meeting, Akhilesh directed that problems related to power should be disposed of on priority basis besides stating that laxity at any level in this would not be tolerated and stern action would be taken against guilty staff.
He directed to provide better services to consumers, accelerate revenue collection and to check power pilferage.
The CM said the government was committed to improving power distribution and supply system as it was necessary for the development of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok