17-year-old raped at gunpoint, accused arrested
Greater Noida: A 17-year-old girl was allegedly raped at gunpoint in a computer training centre in Habibpur village, police said on Sunday.
Zakir, an employee at the centre where the victim was enrolled, raped the girl on June 8 and threatened to kill her if she told anyone about the incident, police said.
The accused had allegedly asked the victim to stay back and committed the crime after all other students had left, they said, adding that he has been arrested.
Two days after the incident, the girl had stopped going to the centre as she could not face the accused who again threatened her, police said.
The victim went into depression and it was only last night that she confided in her parents about the incident, they said.
"FIR was lodged at Bisrakh police station. Zakir has been arrested," a senior police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Saudi cop shot dead in Shiite district: Ministry
- Twitter activates Foursquare-powered location feed for iOS users
- Shocking! Three murders within 48 hours in Delhi
- Copa America Final: Time for Messi to end Argentina drought in Copa final?
- Summer Olympics: Boxer Laishram Devendro out of contention for Rio berth