19 people injured in clash over land dispute
Ballia: At least 19 people were injured when a communal clash broke out over a land dispute here, police said on Saturday.
The incident occurred yesterday at Revti area when followers of Koylabeer Baba, a religious leader, were cleaning a plot adjacent to a land belonging to another community for an annual religious function scheduled on July 30, they said.
An argument broke out between members of the two communities over a trivial issue. The altercation took an ugly turn when the group members started pelting stones at one another, police said.
At least 19 people, belonging to both the groups, were injured in the clash, they said.
FIRs have been lodged in the case. However, no arrest have been made so far in this connection, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India