2 get life term for killing mother over property dispute
Mainpuri (UP): A fast track court on Wednesday
convicted two brothers for murdering their mother and sent
them to life imprisonment.
Convicting Bhagwan Das and Bankey Lal for murdering their
mother Shiela Devi in Lakhanmau village on December 12, 2009,
fast track court judge Lallu Singh sentenced the duo to life
imprisonment and slapped a fine of Rs 50,000 each on them.
According to the prosecution, the duo wanted the woman
transfer her 45 bigha land in their name to which she had
refused, following which they killed her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands