2 girls die after drinking contaminated water in UP
Mathura: Two girls died and at least 150 others, mostly children, took ill in a village here after consuming contaminated supply water, an official said on Wednesday.
One and a half-year-old Deepti and 6-year-old Guddi died after falling ill. 85 more children have taken ill after consuming contaminated water, Chief Medical officer Nepal Singh said.
Over 150 residents of Ankur Village, situated on the Mathura-Vrindavan road, have been hospitalised for vomiting and showing symptoms of diarrhoea.
"Water being supplied to the village passes a cow ranch and due to breakage in the pipeline, the water got polluted with accumalated dung waste," Singh said.
Singh said the matter will be probed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi