2 killed in cracker blast in UP house
Lucknow: A woman and her son, were on Monday killed in a cracker blast in Asevan town of Unnao district of Uttar Pradesh, a senior police official said.
The explosion took place in the house of one Vaqil Ahmed, a licenced cracker manufacturer, when his eight-year-old son Abdul Salam, carrying a fire lamp, had gone to take out crackers stored in the house , ADG (law and order) Brij Lal said.
A portion of the house collapsed as a result of the explosion and the bodies of Safia and Abdul Salam were later recovered from the debris, the ADG added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported