2 killed in cracker blast in UP house
Lucknow: A woman and her son, were on Monday killed in a cracker blast in Asevan town of Unnao district of Uttar Pradesh, a senior police official said.
The explosion took place in the house of one Vaqil Ahmed, a licenced cracker manufacturer, when his eight-year-old son Abdul Salam, carrying a fire lamp, had gone to take out crackers stored in the house , ADG (law and order) Brij Lal said.
A portion of the house collapsed as a result of the explosion and the bodies of Safia and Abdul Salam were later recovered from the debris, the ADG added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- 21-year-old commits suicide over morphed Facebook images
- REVEALED: How Test captain Virat Kohli played game-changing role in Anil Kumble's appointment
- Buying your dream home in Gurgaon to become cheaper; Circle rates reduced by 15%
- Iranians pray for peace on holy night
- Goa to continue getting incessant rains till July 1: Met