2 killed in cracker blast in UP house
Lucknow: A woman and her son, were on Monday killed in a cracker blast in Asevan town of Unnao district of Uttar Pradesh, a senior police official said.
The explosion took place in the house of one Vaqil Ahmed, a licenced cracker manufacturer, when his eight-year-old son Abdul Salam, carrying a fire lamp, had gone to take out crackers stored in the house , ADG (law and order) Brij Lal said.
A portion of the house collapsed as a result of the explosion and the bodies of Safia and Abdul Salam were later recovered from the debris, the ADG added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why