2 killed in cracker blast in UP house
Lucknow: A woman and her son, were on Monday killed in a cracker blast in Asevan town of Unnao district of Uttar Pradesh, a senior police official said.
The explosion took place in the house of one Vaqil Ahmed, a licenced cracker manufacturer, when his eight-year-old son Abdul Salam, carrying a fire lamp, had gone to take out crackers stored in the house , ADG (law and order) Brij Lal said.
A portion of the house collapsed as a result of the explosion and the bodies of Safia and Abdul Salam were later recovered from the debris, the ADG added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress