20 dead as UP reels under cold wave, temp drops to
Lucknow: The intense cold wave conditions claimed 20 more lives in Uttar Pradesh with Muzaffarnagar recording the lowest temperature of minus 0.7 degree Celsius.
Six people lost their lives in Ghazipur, three each in Azamgarh and Barabanki, two each in Fatehpur, Sultanpur and Chandauli and one each in Jaunpur and Siddhartnagar. With this the death toll this winter has risen to 175.
Met office officials here said Muzaffarnagar was the coldest place in the state with minus 0.7 degree celsius which was seven degrees below normal.
Cold wave conditions prevailed over most parts of the state with maximum temperatures remaining below normal by seven to 15 notches.
Night temperatures fell markedly in Lucknow and Allahabad divisions.
Agra recorded .6 degree celsius, Najibabad (Bijnore) 1.S0, Lucknow and Aligarh 1.4 each and Kheri 1.6, the Met department said.
Ground frost would occur in some parts of the state during next two nights and dense fog would prevail over some parts of eastern UP during the next 24 hours, it said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know