20 school kids taken ill after consuming mid-day meal in UP
Lakhimpur Kheri: As many as 20 schoolchildren were taken ill on Wednesday after consuming mid-day meal at a primary school in the district`s Mohammadi tehsil.
The children, who started vomiting and complained of abdominal pain, were rushed to the local community health centre, district basic education officer OP Ray said.
"All the children were discharged after treatment and are said to be safe and sound," Ray added.
"The headmistress, Shanti Devi, has been suspended with immediate effect as she failed to taste the food (kadhi- chawal) prior to its being served to the children despite strict instructions in this regard," the officer said.
"An explanation has been sought over the incident from the cooks who prepared the meal and the block education officer," he said.
Samples of the food served to the children have been collected and the district food and drug inspector has been asked to file a report in the matter, he added.
Twenty-three children at a government school in Bihar`s Saran district died after consuming midday-meal in July in a case that had shocked the country.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput get holiday vibes! See inside
- Priyanka Chopra's dinner date with 'Baywatch' cast! View in pic
- Updated WhatsApp with 'call back', voice mail, video calling features coming soon!
- Ancient Hindu temple reopens after 27 years in Srinagar, Kashmiri Pandits jubilant
- AgustaWestland yet to return entire down payment made by India for VVIP choppers: Report