20-year-old raped for months by stepfather in UP
Lucknow: A 20-year-old girl was allegedly raped repeatedly by her stepfather for several months in the Mall area here, police said on Sunday.
The accused had threatened the girl with dire consequences if she told anyone about the matter and raped her several times over the past four to five months, police said.
The girl`s mother, also the wife of the accused, registered a complaint with the police, following which he was arrested yesterday, they said.
The victim`s mother had married the accused after her first marriage had broken up. She had two daughters from her first husband, police said.
The matter is being probed, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof