20-year-old raped for months by stepfather in UP
Lucknow: A 20-year-old girl was allegedly raped repeatedly by her stepfather for several months in the Mall area here, police said on Sunday.
The accused had threatened the girl with dire consequences if she told anyone about the matter and raped her several times over the past four to five months, police said.
The girl`s mother, also the wife of the accused, registered a complaint with the police, following which he was arrested yesterday, they said.
The victim`s mother had married the accused after her first marriage had broken up. She had two daughters from her first husband, police said.
The matter is being probed, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam