20-year-old raped for months by stepfather in UP
Lucknow: A 20-year-old girl was allegedly raped repeatedly by her stepfather for several months in the Mall area here, police said on Sunday.
The accused had threatened the girl with dire consequences if she told anyone about the matter and raped her several times over the past four to five months, police said.
The girl`s mother, also the wife of the accused, registered a complaint with the police, following which he was arrested yesterday, they said.
The victim`s mother had married the accused after her first marriage had broken up. She had two daughters from her first husband, police said.
The matter is being probed, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test