20-year-old woman`s body found in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: The body of a 20-year-old woman, who was allegedly abducted along with her sister, was found at Kairana town in Shamli district here, police said on Sunday.
The 20-year-old woman, identified as Shiba, is suspected to have been strangulated to death by some unidentified persons. Her body was found yesterday, they said.
Shiba and her sister Rizwana(15) were allegedly abducted by 12 people from Kairana town on July 25. While, Shiba was found dead, Rizwana is still missing, police said.
Police has registered a case against 12 people for abducting the two sisters in this connection. No arrest has been made so far.
The body has been sent for post-mortem, they said, adding a search operation has been launched to nab the culprits.
Meanwhile, irate locals protested by blocking the Panipat-Khatima highway and started pelting stones and torched the vehicles in which several people including police inspector Rajai Kumar was injured.
Sub-Inspector?C P Kathoria has been suspended for negligence of duty, Superintendent of Police Dinesh Chandra said.
In another case, the body of a 10-year-old girl, who was missing since three days, was found at Jolly village under Bhopa police station area in the district yesterday, police said.
The girl was allegedly strangulated to death by unidentified persons. It is suspected that?girl was murdered after being raped, police said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown