200 Agra doctors on strike
Agra: More than 200 private doctors here went on strike on Thursday after a doctor alleged that he and his wife were beaten up by the relatives of a man who died at their nursing home.
The relatives also ransacked the nursing home. The Agra branch of the Indian Medical Association (IMA) said the strike will continue until the culprits were arrested.
According to SK Mittal, his nursing home was attacked by relatives of Chandrabhan, 35, a resident of Bilhera village, last week. He said he and his wife were assaulted and beaten with iron rods.
"The relatives demanded Rs 10 lakh compensation from us," Mittal told the doctors.
Deputy Inspector General Aseem Arun told a news agency that police had identified some of the culprits. "The doctors` demand seems fair and we are trying to evolve a mechanism to provide general protection."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing