200 Agra doctors on strike
Agra: More than 200 private doctors here went on strike on Thursday after a doctor alleged that he and his wife were beaten up by the relatives of a man who died at their nursing home.
The relatives also ransacked the nursing home. The Agra branch of the Indian Medical Association (IMA) said the strike will continue until the culprits were arrested.
According to SK Mittal, his nursing home was attacked by relatives of Chandrabhan, 35, a resident of Bilhera village, last week. He said he and his wife were assaulted and beaten with iron rods.
"The relatives demanded Rs 10 lakh compensation from us," Mittal told the doctors.
Deputy Inspector General Aseem Arun told a news agency that police had identified some of the culprits. "The doctors` demand seems fair and we are trying to evolve a mechanism to provide general protection."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Divorce rates lowest among Hindus; more prevalent in Muslims, reveals latest Census data | Know details
- Persistent cough? Five possible causes and why you should see your doctor!
- Gerard Pique agrees with extra holidays for Neymar
- Politics over Yoga? BMC makes 'Surya Namaskar' mandatory in all affiliated schools in Mumbai
- Russia might use Iran air base again to carry out attacks on terror targets in Syria