200 Agra doctors on strike
Agra: More than 200 private doctors here went on strike on Thursday after a doctor alleged that he and his wife were beaten up by the relatives of a man who died at their nursing home.
The relatives also ransacked the nursing home. The Agra branch of the Indian Medical Association (IMA) said the strike will continue until the culprits were arrested.
According to SK Mittal, his nursing home was attacked by relatives of Chandrabhan, 35, a resident of Bilhera village, last week. He said he and his wife were assaulted and beaten with iron rods.
"The relatives demanded Rs 10 lakh compensation from us," Mittal told the doctors.
Deputy Inspector General Aseem Arun told a news agency that police had identified some of the culprits. "The doctors` demand seems fair and we are trying to evolve a mechanism to provide general protection."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash