200 Agra doctors on strike
Agra: More than 200 private doctors here went on strike on Thursday after a doctor alleged that he and his wife were beaten up by the relatives of a man who died at their nursing home.
The relatives also ransacked the nursing home. The Agra branch of the Indian Medical Association (IMA) said the strike will continue until the culprits were arrested.
According to SK Mittal, his nursing home was attacked by relatives of Chandrabhan, 35, a resident of Bilhera village, last week. He said he and his wife were assaulted and beaten with iron rods.
"The relatives demanded Rs 10 lakh compensation from us," Mittal told the doctors.
Deputy Inspector General Aseem Arun told a news agency that police had identified some of the culprits. "The doctors` demand seems fair and we are trying to evolve a mechanism to provide general protection."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Landslides close Jammu-Srinagar highway; Amarnath Yatra suspended
- Italian leaders vow to prevent terrorist attacks
- UN chief voices concern over Turkey situation
- Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will commence at this breathtaking location – See pic
- WATCH: How Sri Lanka's mystery spinner Lakshan Sandakan left Australia spellbound