200 Agra doctors on strike
Agra: More than 200 private doctors here went on strike on Thursday after a doctor alleged that he and his wife were beaten up by the relatives of a man who died at their nursing home.
The relatives also ransacked the nursing home. The Agra branch of the Indian Medical Association (IMA) said the strike will continue until the culprits were arrested.
According to SK Mittal, his nursing home was attacked by relatives of Chandrabhan, 35, a resident of Bilhera village, last week. He said he and his wife were assaulted and beaten with iron rods.
"The relatives demanded Rs 10 lakh compensation from us," Mittal told the doctors.
Deputy Inspector General Aseem Arun told a news agency that police had identified some of the culprits. "The doctors` demand seems fair and we are trying to evolve a mechanism to provide general protection."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why