200 `Modi aane wala hai` vehicles flagged off in UP
Lucknow: Two hundred modified trucks carrying "Modi aane wala hai" (Modi is coming) message were flagged off in the first phase from the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) headquarters in Uttar Pradesh`s capital on Wednesday.
These hi-tech "raths" will criss-cross the state in the run-up to the Lok Sabha polls. In all, 401 such "raths" have been readied.
State BJP spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak told a news agency the vehicles having video facility would not campaign for any particular candidate but appeal to people to make Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi the next prime minister of India.
A 5x4 feet and 55-inch LED with power back-up would screen a 10-minute film with two speeches of party president Rajnath Singh and Modi, each lasting five minutes.
An inverter, amplifier and DVD player are other features of each vehicle. A telephone number will also be prominently displayed, enabling people to connect to Modi through a missed call.
Pathak said the state unit of the party is bearing the entire cost of the vehicles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?