200 `Modi aane wala hai` vehicles flagged off in UP
Lucknow: Two hundred modified trucks carrying "Modi aane wala hai" (Modi is coming) message were flagged off in the first phase from the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) headquarters in Uttar Pradesh`s capital on Wednesday.
These hi-tech "raths" will criss-cross the state in the run-up to the Lok Sabha polls. In all, 401 such "raths" have been readied.
State BJP spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak told a news agency the vehicles having video facility would not campaign for any particular candidate but appeal to people to make Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi the next prime minister of India.
A 5x4 feet and 55-inch LED with power back-up would screen a 10-minute film with two speeches of party president Rajnath Singh and Modi, each lasting five minutes.
An inverter, amplifier and DVD player are other features of each vehicle. A telephone number will also be prominently displayed, enabling people to connect to Modi through a missed call.
Pathak said the state unit of the party is bearing the entire cost of the vehicles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder