200 `Modi aane wala hai` vehicles flagged off in UP
Lucknow: Two hundred modified trucks carrying "Modi aane wala hai" (Modi is coming) message were flagged off in the first phase from the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) headquarters in Uttar Pradesh`s capital on Wednesday.
These hi-tech "raths" will criss-cross the state in the run-up to the Lok Sabha polls. In all, 401 such "raths" have been readied.
State BJP spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak told a news agency the vehicles having video facility would not campaign for any particular candidate but appeal to people to make Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi the next prime minister of India.
A 5x4 feet and 55-inch LED with power back-up would screen a 10-minute film with two speeches of party president Rajnath Singh and Modi, each lasting five minutes.
An inverter, amplifier and DVD player are other features of each vehicle. A telephone number will also be prominently displayed, enabling people to connect to Modi through a missed call.
Pathak said the state unit of the party is bearing the entire cost of the vehicles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar