2009 Noida gangrape case transferred to Delhi
New Delhi: The proceedings in a Noida
gangrape case of 2009 began Tuesday in a Delhi Court which directed the city police to ensure the safety and security of the victim`s close friend and key witness, pursuing the case.
The trial of the case had bneen shifted from a Noida court to one here in the national capital on the Supreme Court`s order after the victim`s friend Amit Pawar had approached it,
fearing threat to his life and facing pressure to withdraw the
A 24-year-old MBA student was gangraped by eleven youths
on January 5, 2009 when she was returning from the Great India
Place Mall in Noida with Pawar.
Pawar, who had filed the complaint with the Noida Police
had alleged the accused, who were returning home after a
cricket match, had forced him to stop his car by brandishing
cricket bats. After he stopped the car, they got in the car
and drove it around near urban Noida village Garhi Chaukhandi
and took turns to rape his friend.
The accused in the case are Pushpender, Srikant, Sanjay,
Gautam, Sudhir alias Tony, Little, Anil, Omkar and Pushpender,
Sashikant and Golu, all residents of Garhi Chaukhandi. All of
them are on bail.
When the case was today brought before District Judge
Sunita Gupta, it was assigned to the court of Additional
Sessions Judge Raj Kapoor, who fixed the matter for hearing on
The judge also directed police to ensure safety and
security of witness (Pawar) in the meantime considering that
the case is at the evidence stage and the complainant (Pawar)
is the main witness.
The ASJ passed the order on Pawar`s plea for protection
and has also asked the police to file a report by March 2.
Pawar had filed a plea for his protection saying the
accused persons are of criminal nature and he apprehends
threat to his life and limb from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks