21 students suspended from AMU
Aligarh: Twenty one B Tech students of Aligarh Muslim University have been suspended for allegedly securing admission through forgery, cheating and by concealing relevant facts.
The students had secured admission in Faculty of Engineering last year.
The matter came to light this year after they had joined the university, which is conducting a full probe into such matters following the detection of 27 odd cases in July this year.
Earlier this year, an organised racket of forging documents for admissions had come to light after which the university had put in place a bio-metric system for establishing the identity of more than 40,000 students who had appeared in this year`s admission test.
After the racket was unearthed, varsity authorities decided to probe last year`s admissions for similar cases of cheating.
The university premises have been kept out of bounds for the students pending inquiry into the charges faced by them, a varsity spokesman said.
Vice Chancellor, Lt General Zameer Uddin Shah had constituted a special committee which is investigating the admission process for the year 2011-12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow