22-year-old newlywed woman ends life
Meerut: A 22-year-old newlywed woman allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself on Friday in Nauchandi area of the district, police said.
The deceased identified as Pinky, a resident of Shastri Nagar in Nauchandi area, was married to Pawan (26) on January 23.
These days she was staying at her parent`s house in Shastri Nagar, ASP City Om Prakash said.
Pinky`s parents found her body hanging from the ceiling fan in her room this morning and immediately informed the police about it.
The body has been sent for post mortem, Prakash said, adding, investigations are on to ascertain the reason behind the suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Sweden, Kazakhstan, Ethiopia, Bolivia elected to UNSC for 2017-18
- Sturgeon to visit Brussels to defend Scotland`s EU place
- NATO, EU leaders pledge strong alliance to counter Brexit fallout
- EU leaders tell Britain to exit swiftly, market rout halts
- 'Beef smugglers' forced to eat cow dung in Faridabad