23-year-old woman raped by father-in-law in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A 23-year-old woman was allegedly raped by her father-in-law in Ghaziabad`s Loni area, police said Wednesday.
The victim was last night raped by her 42-year-old father-in-law when she was alone at her in-laws` house, police said, adding that based on the victim`s complaint, an FIR has been registered against the accused.
"The woman alleged in her complaint that she was alone at her in-laws` house when her father-in-law entered her room and raped her. He also threatened her of dire consequence if she revealed her ordeal to anyone," said a senior police officer.
Later, the victim called up her brother and narrated the incident. An FIR has been registered against the accused, who is still at large, at Loni Police station.
"A medical examination of victim was conducted and its report is awaited. Police have launched a manhunt to nab the absconding accused. Further investigation into the matter is on," the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS