23-year-old woman raped by father-in-law in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A 23-year-old woman was allegedly raped by her father-in-law in Ghaziabad`s Loni area, police said Wednesday.
The victim was last night raped by her 42-year-old father-in-law when she was alone at her in-laws` house, police said, adding that based on the victim`s complaint, an FIR has been registered against the accused.
"The woman alleged in her complaint that she was alone at her in-laws` house when her father-in-law entered her room and raped her. He also threatened her of dire consequence if she revealed her ordeal to anyone," said a senior police officer.
Later, the victim called up her brother and narrated the incident. An FIR has been registered against the accused, who is still at large, at Loni Police station.
"A medical examination of victim was conducted and its report is awaited. Police have launched a manhunt to nab the absconding accused. Further investigation into the matter is on," the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam