24 killed in thunderstorm in UP
Lucknow: At least 24 people were killed in
Uttar Pradesh as thunderstorm hit several parts of the state,
uprooting trees and electric poles, officials said Monday.
While nine persons were killed in Pratapgarh, eight
deaths were reported from Aligarh, two each from Jaunpur and
Mau and one each from Sultanpur, Lucknow and Nawabganj in
storm-related incidents since yesterday, they said.
Trees and electric and telephone poles were uprooted at a
number of places, disrupting train and vehicular movement on
Power supply was also affected in several districts
including the state capital, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'