24 killed in thunderstorm in UP
Lucknow: At least 24 people were killed in
Uttar Pradesh as thunderstorm hit several parts of the state,
uprooting trees and electric poles, officials said Monday.
While nine persons were killed in Pratapgarh, eight
deaths were reported from Aligarh, two each from Jaunpur and
Mau and one each from Sultanpur, Lucknow and Nawabganj in
storm-related incidents since yesterday, they said.
Trees and electric and telephone poles were uprooted at a
number of places, disrupting train and vehicular movement on
Power supply was also affected in several districts
including the state capital, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days