24 killed in thunderstorm in UP
Lucknow: At least 24 people were killed in
Uttar Pradesh as thunderstorm hit several parts of the state,
uprooting trees and electric poles, officials said Monday.
While nine persons were killed in Pratapgarh, eight
deaths were reported from Aligarh, two each from Jaunpur and
Mau and one each from Sultanpur, Lucknow and Nawabganj in
storm-related incidents since yesterday, they said.
Trees and electric and telephone poles were uprooted at a
number of places, disrupting train and vehicular movement on
Power supply was also affected in several districts
including the state capital, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij