25 injured in lightning, ensuing stampede in UP
Gorakhpur: At least 25 people were injured in lightning and subsequent stampede at a primary school in Camperganj area here on Saturday.
People had taken shelter in the primary school to escape heavy rain when lightning hit the building injuring nine persons, including six women and three children, police said.
At least 16 people were injured in the ensuing stampede, police said, adding the injured were rushed to Campierganj Primary Health Centre where they are stated to be out of danger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites