25 injured in lightning, ensuing stampede in UP
Gorakhpur: At least 25 people were injured in lightning and subsequent stampede at a primary school in Camperganj area here on Saturday.
People had taken shelter in the primary school to escape heavy rain when lightning hit the building injuring nine persons, including six women and three children, police said.
At least 16 people were injured in the ensuing stampede, police said, adding the injured were rushed to Campierganj Primary Health Centre where they are stated to be out of danger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez