25 injured in lightning, ensuing stampede in UP
Gorakhpur: At least 25 people were injured in lightning and subsequent stampede at a primary school in Camperganj area here on Saturday.
People had taken shelter in the primary school to escape heavy rain when lightning hit the building injuring nine persons, including six women and three children, police said.
At least 16 people were injured in the ensuing stampede, police said, adding the injured were rushed to Campierganj Primary Health Centre where they are stated to be out of danger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet