25 injured in lightning, ensuing stampede in UP
Gorakhpur: At least 25 people were injured in lightning and subsequent stampede at a primary school in Camperganj area here on Saturday.
People had taken shelter in the primary school to escape heavy rain when lightning hit the building injuring nine persons, including six women and three children, police said.
At least 16 people were injured in the ensuing stampede, police said, adding the injured were rushed to Campierganj Primary Health Centre where they are stated to be out of danger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing