25 taken ill after consuming food at wedding in Muzaffarnagar

At least 25 people were taken ill due to suspected food poisoning during a wedding feast in Ratanpuri village here.

Muzaffarnagar (UP): At least 25 people were taken ill due to suspected food poisoning during a wedding feast in Ratanpuri village here.

The incident occurred yesterday when the victims consumed 'gajar ka halwa' at a wedding function organised by Kan Singh, police said today.

They later complained of headache, vomiting and stomach cramps following which they were rushed to a hospital.

Samples of the food consumed at the function have been collected for investigation, police said.

 

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. You can find out more by clicking this link

Close