26 child labourers rescued in Lucknow
Lucknow: As many as 26 child labourers were rescued from various restaurants in the city during a joint raid conducted by the Labour department and Childline,
an NGO, officials said on Friday.
"The children were freed from various restaurants and eating joints in Vikas Nagar, Aliganj, Kapoorthala, Kaiserbagh and other areas," Deputy Labour commissioner RB Lal said.
All the restaurants owners were given notices by Labour enforcement officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him