26 child labourers rescued in Lucknow
Lucknow: As many as 26 child labourers were rescued from various restaurants in the city during a joint raid conducted by the Labour department and Childline,
an NGO, officials said on Friday.
"The children were freed from various restaurants and eating joints in Vikas Nagar, Aliganj, Kapoorthala, Kaiserbagh and other areas," Deputy Labour commissioner RB Lal said.
All the restaurants owners were given notices by Labour enforcement officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened