26 child labourers rescued in Lucknow
Lucknow: As many as 26 child labourers were rescued from various restaurants in the city during a joint raid conducted by the Labour department and Childline,
an NGO, officials said on Friday.
"The children were freed from various restaurants and eating joints in Vikas Nagar, Aliganj, Kapoorthala, Kaiserbagh and other areas," Deputy Labour commissioner RB Lal said.
All the restaurants owners were given notices by Labour enforcement officers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split