273 model code violations in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: A total of 273 cases of violation of
model code of conduct have been filed in Uttar Pradesh and
unaccounted cash totalling Rs 6.48 crore has been recovered by
flying squads constituted by the Election commission, official
sources said here on Friday.
"Till now 273 cases have been reported in the state while
1,026 illegal arms and 1,316 cartridges were recovered by the
EC teams," an official release issued here said.
Unaccounted cash totalling Rs 6.48 crore has been
recovered in the drive from different parts of the state and
2,53,642 persons have been booked, it added.
In raids conducted by teams of excise department, 15
persons were arrested and 7,200 litres of country liquor was
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'