273 model code violations in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: A total of 273 cases of violation of
model code of conduct have been filed in Uttar Pradesh and
unaccounted cash totalling Rs 6.48 crore has been recovered by
flying squads constituted by the Election commission, official
sources said here on Friday.
"Till now 273 cases have been reported in the state while
1,026 illegal arms and 1,316 cartridges were recovered by the
EC teams," an official release issued here said.
Unaccounted cash totalling Rs 6.48 crore has been
recovered in the drive from different parts of the state and
2,53,642 persons have been booked, it added.
In raids conducted by teams of excise department, 15
persons were arrested and 7,200 litres of country liquor was
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof