28 injuries on body of BSP leader`s maid: Postmortem report
New Delhi: A total of 28 injuries were found on the body of the maid of BSP MP Dhananjay Singh who died due to alleged torture by his wife, the postmortem report says.
The report reveals that the deceased, Rakhi, had 28 injuries all over her body, including nine on her head, besides a congested haemorrhage in the right front and rear side of the thyroid.
Additional Sessions Judge Dharmesh Sharma noted the postmortem report Friday while dismissing the bail plea of the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) MP, who is accused of destroying evidence to shield his wife Jagriti, who was arrested for torturing her maid.
"The cause of death has opined the combined effect of haemorrhage shock due to multiple injuries on head, trunk and left leg. All injuries found to be antemortem (before death) in nature," the court observed.
Two of the witness in the case, including a juvenile who had worked Jagriti`s house, in their statement to police had alleged Singh encouraged his wife in the barbaric torture.
Singh has also participated in torturing his servants whenever they dared to make complaints against Jagriti, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'