28 injuries on body of BSP leader`s maid: Postmortem report
New Delhi: A total of 28 injuries were found on the body of the maid of BSP MP Dhananjay Singh who died due to alleged torture by his wife, the postmortem report says.
The report reveals that the deceased, Rakhi, had 28 injuries all over her body, including nine on her head, besides a congested haemorrhage in the right front and rear side of the thyroid.
Additional Sessions Judge Dharmesh Sharma noted the postmortem report Friday while dismissing the bail plea of the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) MP, who is accused of destroying evidence to shield his wife Jagriti, who was arrested for torturing her maid.
"The cause of death has opined the combined effect of haemorrhage shock due to multiple injuries on head, trunk and left leg. All injuries found to be antemortem (before death) in nature," the court observed.
Two of the witness in the case, including a juvenile who had worked Jagriti`s house, in their statement to police had alleged Singh encouraged his wife in the barbaric torture.
Singh has also participated in torturing his servants whenever they dared to make complaints against Jagriti, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day