29 children taken ill after consuming Jatropha fruit in UP

At least 29 children were admitted to a hospital here after they consumed poisonous Jatropha fruits.

Azamgarh: At least 29 children were admitted to a hospital here after they consumed poisonous Jatropha fruits.

The incident took place yesterday in Ishwarpur Pawni village in Atraulia area when the children, aged between 5 to 16, ate Jatropha fruits. Soon they started vomiting and complained of uneasiness, District Chief Medical Officer V B Singh said.

They were rushed to a hospital, where condition of one child is stated to be critical.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. You can find out more by clicking this link

Close