close
This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

29 children taken ill after consuming Jatropha fruit in UP

At least 29 children were admitted to a hospital here after they consumed poisonous Jatropha fruits.



Azamgarh: At least 29 children were admitted to a hospital here after they consumed poisonous Jatropha fruits.

The incident took place yesterday in Ishwarpur Pawni village in Atraulia area when the children, aged between 5 to 16, ate Jatropha fruits. Soon they started vomiting and complained of uneasiness, District Chief Medical Officer V B Singh said.

They were rushed to a hospital, where condition of one child is stated to be critical.

From Zee News

0 Comment - Join the Discussions