3 arrested for human trafficking, 20 girls rescued: Police
Ghaziabad: Police on Sunday claimed to have rescued about 20 girls, who were allegedly being trafficked from Jharkhand to Delhi, and three persons were arrested in this connection.
The Jharkhand Sampark Kranti Express was stopped late last night at the railway station here and the girls, some of whom were minors, were made to get down and questioned, SSP Nitin Tiwari said.
The arrested persons are being interrogated, he said.
The minors have been handed over to Child Welfare Committee, while the elder girls were allowed to leave, he said.
Kumar Gaurav of NGO Ashadeep foundation, which accompanied the police, said information had been received from Kanpur Childline that about 20 girls were going to be trafficked.
The girls, when questioned, claimed that they were above 20, but their ID proofs showed that they were younger, Tiwari said.
They said they are from Ranchi in Jharkhand and claimed that they were going to meet some relatives.
Some of the girls` relatives came to pick them up later, the SSP said.
CWC Chairman said all aspects of the case were being probed.
None of the girls have lodged any complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Indian-American Christians condemn attack on Syria church head
- UK opposition leader says Brexit vote is due to anger at governments
- Whoa! Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra's 4-minute act at IIFA costs a bomb!
- S Asians disappointed over US apex court ruling on immigration
- 'Sad day for Europe, Britain,' says German foreign minister