3 UP BJP secys quit after Rajnath’s son elevated
Lucknow: Cracks surfaced in the Uttar Pradesh
unit of BJP when three party secretaries on Sunday resigned angry
over promotion of senior leader Rajnath Singh`s son Pankaj as
general secretary in the poll-bound state.
Pankaj, who was till now working as the state secretary,
has been promoted as the seventh general secretary of UP unit
of the party, BJP general secretary Vindyavasini Kumar said.
Kumar, however, said he had no official information that
three secretaries Daya Shanker Singh, Ashvani Tyagi and
Santosh Singh have quit after elevation of Pankaj.
Party sources said that as per the party constitution only
six general secretaries are allowed to be appointed.
Daya Shanker, who was the BJP candidate from Ballia in the
last election, said that he has sent his resignation to
national president Nitin Gadkari and forwarded its copy to
state president Surya Pratap Shahi.
In his resignation letter Daya Shanker, who is also former
state president of the party`s youth unit, said change in post
was not justified during elections and his work and
contribution should also be evaluated.
He also confirmed resignation by two secretaries Santosh
Singh and Ashvani Tyagi, though they could not be contacted.
While Daya Shanker was willing to contest for Ballia,
Ashvani and Santosh were seeking tickets for Bilhaur in Meerut
and Lucknow East seats respectively, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister