3 UP BJP secys quit after Rajnath’s son elevated
Lucknow: Cracks surfaced in the Uttar Pradesh
unit of BJP when three party secretaries on Sunday resigned angry
over promotion of senior leader Rajnath Singh`s son Pankaj as
general secretary in the poll-bound state.
Pankaj, who was till now working as the state secretary,
has been promoted as the seventh general secretary of UP unit
of the party, BJP general secretary Vindyavasini Kumar said.
Kumar, however, said he had no official information that
three secretaries Daya Shanker Singh, Ashvani Tyagi and
Santosh Singh have quit after elevation of Pankaj.
Party sources said that as per the party constitution only
six general secretaries are allowed to be appointed.
Daya Shanker, who was the BJP candidate from Ballia in the
last election, said that he has sent his resignation to
national president Nitin Gadkari and forwarded its copy to
state president Surya Pratap Shahi.
In his resignation letter Daya Shanker, who is also former
state president of the party`s youth unit, said change in post
was not justified during elections and his work and
contribution should also be evaluated.
He also confirmed resignation by two secretaries Santosh
Singh and Ashvani Tyagi, though they could not be contacted.
While Daya Shanker was willing to contest for Ballia,
Ashvani and Santosh were seeking tickets for Bilhaur in Meerut
and Lucknow East seats respectively, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list