30 held for duping people
Lucknow:The special task force (STF) has
arrested 30 persons, including 10 women, allegedly involved in duping people on the pretext of installing mobile towers in their houses.
Those arrested included mastermind Ashutosh Prasad Yadav and Arvind Kumar, who ran call centres in the state capital, STF officials said.
The arrests were made on complaints of victims, who included people from Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Punjab, Haryana besides Uttar Pradesh.
The arrests were made after raids at five call centres in Indira Nagar and Gomti Nagar localities, they said, adding that 150 mobiles, dozens of SIM cards, three computers and 23 ATM cards were recovered from them.
The STF claimed that the gang had minted crores of rupees by duping people after luring them to get mobile towers installed on their land and promised them heavy rentals.
The modus operandi of the gang was to publish advertisements in newspapers and then ask people to deposit Rs 3500 for soil testing, Rs 25,000 as registration amount and Rs 35,000 as tax money.
The STF is looking for members of the gang in other states too.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Dalits are used as 'political weapon', says BSP chief Mayawati
- Russian athletics mess: Gloom and anger for athletes due to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- BSP workers hold protest, demand arrest of Dayashankar Singh
- BJP has no CM candidate in UP: Digvijaya
- Mamata flays PM Modi for destroying federalism, growing 'saffronisation'