30 held for duping people
Lucknow:The special task force (STF) has
arrested 30 persons, including 10 women, allegedly involved in duping people on the pretext of installing mobile towers in their houses.
Those arrested included mastermind Ashutosh Prasad Yadav and Arvind Kumar, who ran call centres in the state capital, STF officials said.
The arrests were made on complaints of victims, who included people from Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Punjab, Haryana besides Uttar Pradesh.
The arrests were made after raids at five call centres in Indira Nagar and Gomti Nagar localities, they said, adding that 150 mobiles, dozens of SIM cards, three computers and 23 ATM cards were recovered from them.
The STF claimed that the gang had minted crores of rupees by duping people after luring them to get mobile towers installed on their land and promised them heavy rentals.
The modus operandi of the gang was to publish advertisements in newspapers and then ask people to deposit Rs 3500 for soil testing, Rs 25,000 as registration amount and Rs 35,000 as tax money.
The STF is looking for members of the gang in other states too.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP