30 held for duping people
Lucknow:The special task force (STF) has
arrested 30 persons, including 10 women, allegedly involved in duping people on the pretext of installing mobile towers in their houses.
Those arrested included mastermind Ashutosh Prasad Yadav and Arvind Kumar, who ran call centres in the state capital, STF officials said.
The arrests were made on complaints of victims, who included people from Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Punjab, Haryana besides Uttar Pradesh.
The arrests were made after raids at five call centres in Indira Nagar and Gomti Nagar localities, they said, adding that 150 mobiles, dozens of SIM cards, three computers and 23 ATM cards were recovered from them.
The STF claimed that the gang had minted crores of rupees by duping people after luring them to get mobile towers installed on their land and promised them heavy rentals.
The modus operandi of the gang was to publish advertisements in newspapers and then ask people to deposit Rs 3500 for soil testing, Rs 25,000 as registration amount and Rs 35,000 as tax money.
The STF is looking for members of the gang in other states too.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’