300 farmers booked for blocking highway
Muzaffarnagar (UP): Around 300 farmers have been booked for allegedly rioting and confining officials during a blockade of the Delhi-Dehradun highway near Khatoli, police said here on Wednesday.
According to police, the farmers who were demanding adequate compensation for the land acquired by authorities, blocked the highway and held back the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) officials on Monday.
No arrests have been made so far.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources