300 farmers booked for blocking highway
Muzaffarnagar (UP): Around 300 farmers have been booked for allegedly rioting and confining officials during a blockade of the Delhi-Dehradun highway near Khatoli, police said here on Wednesday.
According to police, the farmers who were demanding adequate compensation for the land acquired by authorities, blocked the highway and held back the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) officials on Monday.
No arrests have been made so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- Islamic State group claims second German attack in a week
- Former Apple executive is back to lead company's car project
- Mumbai Taxi-rickshaw strike 'put on hold'
- VIDEO: Sushil calls Narsingh's doping row 'unfortunate', wants fellow wrestlers to win medals at Rio
- Pained by death of his buddy 'Tiger', 26/11 canine hero Caesar goes into depression