300 farmers booked for blocking highway
Muzaffarnagar (UP): Around 300 farmers have been booked for allegedly rioting and confining officials during a blockade of the Delhi-Dehradun highway near Khatoli, police said here on Wednesday.
According to police, the farmers who were demanding adequate compensation for the land acquired by authorities, blocked the highway and held back the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) officials on Monday.
No arrests have been made so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!