300 farmers booked for blocking highway
Muzaffarnagar (UP): Around 300 farmers have been booked for allegedly rioting and confining officials during a blockade of the Delhi-Dehradun highway near Khatoli, police said here on Wednesday.
According to police, the farmers who were demanding adequate compensation for the land acquired by authorities, blocked the highway and held back the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) officials on Monday.
No arrests have been made so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31