32 cars less in Akhilesh’s cavalcade
Lucknow: Seeking to strike a closer rapport with the masses, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has decided to revive `janata darshan` programme launched by his father, ordered withdrawal of traffic curbs and a drastic cut in his cavalcade during his movement.
According to Samajwadi Party spokesman Rajendra
Chaudhary, Akhilesh Yadav has revived the tradition of `janata
darshan" followed by his father and SP chief Mulayam Singh
Yadav, which was discontinued by Mayawati when she came to
power in 2007.
Chaudhary said Yadav has also taken the measures so as to
strike a rapport with common people.
Akhilesh has directed that there should be no traffic
restriction during his movement and ordered cutting down on
the number of vehicles in the cavalcade of the chief minister
to just around eight from 40.
During Mayawati government, about 40 vehicles used to
form her cavalcade and traffic regulations, stopping all
vehicular traffic for a long time before and after her
departure, were enforced.
Now a fleet of ambassadors accompanied by escort and
jammers would accompany Akhilesh whenever he moves about.
Yadav, who had earlier taken note of the high expenditure
for the hospital within the CM`s official residence as
well as posting of specialised staff and doctors, also
ordered its closure directing that the doctors be sent back to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO