36 booth level officers booked for being absent from poll duty in Noida
Greater Noida: Thirty-six booth level officers were on Sunday booked for allegedly being absent during a special voters` registration drive in the district.
The booth level officers -- five in Sadar subdivision, 10 in Jewar subdivision and 21 in Dadri -- were to be present at their respective polling booths today and receive voters registration forms and answer voters` queries, an official said.
"Beside lodging of FIRs, orders have been issued for deduction of their salary. If they do not report for election duty in future strong action will be taken," Gautam Buddha Nagar district magistrate Hira Lal Gupta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!