36 booth level officers booked for being absent from poll duty in Noida
Greater Noida: Thirty-six booth level officers were on Sunday booked for allegedly being absent during a special voters` registration drive in the district.
The booth level officers -- five in Sadar subdivision, 10 in Jewar subdivision and 21 in Dadri -- were to be present at their respective polling booths today and receive voters registration forms and answer voters` queries, an official said.
"Beside lodging of FIRs, orders have been issued for deduction of their salary. If they do not report for election duty in future strong action will be taken," Gautam Buddha Nagar district magistrate Hira Lal Gupta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray