36 booth level officers booked for being absent from poll duty in Noida
Greater Noida: Thirty-six booth level officers were on Sunday booked for allegedly being absent during a special voters` registration drive in the district.
The booth level officers -- five in Sadar subdivision, 10 in Jewar subdivision and 21 in Dadri -- were to be present at their respective polling booths today and receive voters registration forms and answer voters` queries, an official said.
"Beside lodging of FIRs, orders have been issued for deduction of their salary. If they do not report for election duty in future strong action will be taken," Gautam Buddha Nagar district magistrate Hira Lal Gupta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP dares Bihar government to ban VHP meet as Tejaswi Yadav threatens action against Pravin Togadia
- Brexit: Remain or Leave? Results could go down to the wire
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump will not ask donors to repay nearly $50 million in campaign loans
- 78 dead, 500 hurt by storms in eastern China
- Brexit poll: In or out? British bookmakers see more bets placed on Britain staying in European Union