36 booth level officers booked for being absent from poll duty in Noida
Greater Noida: Thirty-six booth level officers were on Sunday booked for allegedly being absent during a special voters` registration drive in the district.
The booth level officers -- five in Sadar subdivision, 10 in Jewar subdivision and 21 in Dadri -- were to be present at their respective polling booths today and receive voters registration forms and answer voters` queries, an official said.
"Beside lodging of FIRs, orders have been issued for deduction of their salary. If they do not report for election duty in future strong action will be taken," Gautam Buddha Nagar district magistrate Hira Lal Gupta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog