37 Pak, 3 Bangla nationals in UP despite visa expiry
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government today said 37 Pakistanis and three Bangladeshi nationals have not returned to their respective countries despite the expiry of their visas.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said this in a written reply in the state Assembly to a question by BJP`s Shyam Dev Roychaudhry.
The government, however, said that it has no information about the missing persons` involvement into any criminal activity.
To another question by Roychaudhary, the government claimed that there has been a significant decrease in cases of murder, rape, dowry death and robbery during March 16 and October 15 as compared to the corresponding period last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday