37 Pak, 3 Bangla nationals in UP despite visa expiry
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government today said 37 Pakistanis and three Bangladeshi nationals have not returned to their respective countries despite the expiry of their visas.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said this in a written reply in the state Assembly to a question by BJP`s Shyam Dev Roychaudhry.
The government, however, said that it has no information about the missing persons` involvement into any criminal activity.
To another question by Roychaudhary, the government claimed that there has been a significant decrease in cases of murder, rape, dowry death and robbery during March 16 and October 15 as compared to the corresponding period last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe