40 illegal firearms seized, three held in Uttar Pradesh
Aligarh: An arms cache was recovered from a unit illegally manufacturing firearms which was unearthed in this Uttar Pradesh city and three men were arrested for supplying these arms in various states, police said on Saturday.
As many as 40 illegal firearms, including country-made pistols, were recovered Friday night from the arms factory in Gandhi Park area.
"Acting on a tip-off, we first raided a hideout and arrested three men who were involved in supplying illegal firearms to their clients in various states of the country," police inspector VS Chauhan told reporters in Aligarh, some 350 km from Lucknow.
"Later, we also came across the illegal firearms manufacturing unit that was set up in one portion of the hideout. Apart for the 40 illegal firearms, several instruments used in manufacturing illegal firearms were also seized by our teams," he said.
According to police, the three men were involved in supplying illegal firearms to their clients in several states, including Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Uttarakhand and Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!