40 illegal firearms seized, three held in Uttar Pradesh
Aligarh: An arms cache was recovered from a unit illegally manufacturing firearms which was unearthed in this Uttar Pradesh city and three men were arrested for supplying these arms in various states, police said on Saturday.
As many as 40 illegal firearms, including country-made pistols, were recovered Friday night from the arms factory in Gandhi Park area.
"Acting on a tip-off, we first raided a hideout and arrested three men who were involved in supplying illegal firearms to their clients in various states of the country," police inspector VS Chauhan told reporters in Aligarh, some 350 km from Lucknow.
"Later, we also came across the illegal firearms manufacturing unit that was set up in one portion of the hideout. Apart for the 40 illegal firearms, several instruments used in manufacturing illegal firearms were also seized by our teams," he said.
According to police, the three men were involved in supplying illegal firearms to their clients in several states, including Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Uttarakhand and Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda