40 illegal firearms seized, three held in Uttar Pradesh
Aligarh: An arms cache was recovered from a unit illegally manufacturing firearms which was unearthed in this Uttar Pradesh city and three men were arrested for supplying these arms in various states, police said on Saturday.
As many as 40 illegal firearms, including country-made pistols, were recovered Friday night from the arms factory in Gandhi Park area.
"Acting on a tip-off, we first raided a hideout and arrested three men who were involved in supplying illegal firearms to their clients in various states of the country," police inspector VS Chauhan told reporters in Aligarh, some 350 km from Lucknow.
"Later, we also came across the illegal firearms manufacturing unit that was set up in one portion of the hideout. Apart for the 40 illegal firearms, several instruments used in manufacturing illegal firearms were also seized by our teams," he said.
According to police, the three men were involved in supplying illegal firearms to their clients in several states, including Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Uttarakhand and Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy