40 illegal firearms seized, three held in Uttar Pradesh
Aligarh: An arms cache was recovered from a unit illegally manufacturing firearms which was unearthed in this Uttar Pradesh city and three men were arrested for supplying these arms in various states, police said on Saturday.
As many as 40 illegal firearms, including country-made pistols, were recovered Friday night from the arms factory in Gandhi Park area.
"Acting on a tip-off, we first raided a hideout and arrested three men who were involved in supplying illegal firearms to their clients in various states of the country," police inspector VS Chauhan told reporters in Aligarh, some 350 km from Lucknow.
"Later, we also came across the illegal firearms manufacturing unit that was set up in one portion of the hideout. Apart for the 40 illegal firearms, several instruments used in manufacturing illegal firearms were also seized by our teams," he said.
According to police, the three men were involved in supplying illegal firearms to their clients in several states, including Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Uttarakhand and Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Karan-Bipasha to appear on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Rains keep mercury near normal in several parts of country
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class 10th Results 2016, CBSE Class X Results 2016 to be declared on May 28; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- UPA govt, LeT worked in tandem in Ishrat Jahan case: MoS Kiren Rijiju
- Dombivli factory blast: Death toll rises to 11, company management booked