40 illegal firearms seized, three held in Uttar Pradesh
Aligarh: An arms cache was recovered from a unit illegally manufacturing firearms which was unearthed in this Uttar Pradesh city and three men were arrested for supplying these arms in various states, police said on Saturday.
As many as 40 illegal firearms, including country-made pistols, were recovered Friday night from the arms factory in Gandhi Park area.
"Acting on a tip-off, we first raided a hideout and arrested three men who were involved in supplying illegal firearms to their clients in various states of the country," police inspector VS Chauhan told reporters in Aligarh, some 350 km from Lucknow.
"Later, we also came across the illegal firearms manufacturing unit that was set up in one portion of the hideout. Apart for the 40 illegal firearms, several instruments used in manufacturing illegal firearms were also seized by our teams," he said.
According to police, the three men were involved in supplying illegal firearms to their clients in several states, including Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Uttarakhand and Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi