40 injured in acid attack on guests during wedding function
Bulandshahr: Nearly 40 people were on Monday injured when two persons threw acid on guests at a wedding
function in Alipur village, police said here.
The guests were sitting for a wedding ritual when two
members from the groom`s side climbed the roof and threw acid
on them from bottles, Circle Officer Kalyan Singh.
All the injured have been admitted to hospital.
One of the accused has been arrested and police are
questioning him to ascertain the motive behind the action, he
said. The groom`s party had come from Bharatpur in Rajasthan.
Most of the injured were from bride`s side.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!