40 injured in acid attack on guests during wedding function
Bulandshahr: Nearly 40 people were on Monday injured when two persons threw acid on guests at a wedding
function in Alipur village, police said here.
The guests were sitting for a wedding ritual when two
members from the groom`s side climbed the roof and threw acid
on them from bottles, Circle Officer Kalyan Singh.
All the injured have been admitted to hospital.
One of the accused has been arrested and police are
questioning him to ascertain the motive behind the action, he
said. The groom`s party had come from Bharatpur in Rajasthan.
Most of the injured were from bride`s side.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics