40 injured in acid attack on guests during wedding function
Bulandshahr: Nearly 40 people were on Monday injured when two persons threw acid on guests at a wedding
function in Alipur village, police said here.
The guests were sitting for a wedding ritual when two
members from the groom`s side climbed the roof and threw acid
on them from bottles, Circle Officer Kalyan Singh.
All the injured have been admitted to hospital.
One of the accused has been arrested and police are
questioning him to ascertain the motive behind the action, he
said. The groom`s party had come from Bharatpur in Rajasthan.
Most of the injured were from bride`s side.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'