40 injured in acid attack on guests during wedding function
Bulandshahr: Nearly 40 people were on Monday injured when two persons threw acid on guests at a wedding
function in Alipur village, police said here.
The guests were sitting for a wedding ritual when two
members from the groom`s side climbed the roof and threw acid
on them from bottles, Circle Officer Kalyan Singh.
All the injured have been admitted to hospital.
One of the accused has been arrested and police are
questioning him to ascertain the motive behind the action, he
said. The groom`s party had come from Bharatpur in Rajasthan.
Most of the injured were from bride`s side.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000